Sunday, 20 November 2016

Vintage Knitting Patterns on the Web for Free!



Do you ever wish you could find a favourite knitting pattern from years ago? I had that very situation recently.

Although I was sure it was a Patons pattern I had no idea what it was called. What I did recall was that my favourite design in the book was called Heather.

Vintage patterns never really go out of style and as I am expecting my first grandchild in January I desperately wanted this pattern to make as a gift.

I searched eBay hoping someone would have the book for sale but no luck. Then I discovered a vintage pattern on Ravelry that someone had knitted up and put the pattern online free of charge.




I figured if there was no copyright applicable for that design then possibly the pattern I was after would be available. I searched for ‘Heather baby knitting pattern’. I won’t into some of the weird and wonderful results search turned up but one site that did come up was the Internet Archive. Lo and behold there it was reading for downloading in my prefered format.

Now I was familiar with the Internet Archive for books that had expired copyright but I hadn’t really gone into it in detail. In addition to books, there are magazines, movies, early TV shows, software, images, patterns and much, much more. It is well worth a visit but allow plenty of time for your exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment